Friday, April 27, 2012

Getting Down to the Wire!

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I have updated! Probably because my life is boring, and I pretty much do the same thing everyday. haha Sooooooooo, where did I leave off? Sunday was a lame day. LAME. I didn't run or workout, because I had to go to work early. People weren't the nicest, and the day was LONG. The Pens lost, and it was really sad :(. I didn't want to be at work, but I'm glad that I wasn't at home, watching the game...because I'd probably go apeshit. haha. There's always next year, boys < 333.

I drowned my sorrows in garlic knots and mushroom/pepper pizza. Not worth it. I felt gross. haha. I also had an egg and cheese sandwich that a co-worker brought in when we opened, because she is a dear. It wasn't as good as Panera's, but it was still good.

After work, I had to go to my grandmother's to celebrate my cousin's birthday. All I had for dinner was some salad, and a little vegetarian stuffing, along with a tofurkey sandwich I had brought. For dessert, I had some tres leche cake. So. freaking. good. It looked like baby vomit, but it tasted like heaven.

I came home and had my nut butter cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, because I'm a carb-ass.

Monday, I was going to go to the gym, but I rested again. Hips/glutes still weren't feeling good. Blegh.

I think work sucked? I don't really remember. I went to the chiropractor at 4:15 on my break, and he said that it's progressing well. Whew, thank God.

Tuesday, I had off. I went to the gym, and it went pretty well. The total body trainer/arc trainer are my best friends right now. I do 90 minutes total on those, then I did strength training for 20 minutes or so. Was a bit pooped, but that's how it should be! Afterward, I got some Cinnamon Raisin Walnut bread at Loafer's. So yummy. I went home, and had to have a piece right away! I also ate a banana with one of the new nut butters I received--Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter. Oh.My.God. The best one out of the bunch! I did a bunch of cleaning on Tuesday afternoon--living room and my bathroom were tackled. The bathroom was grooooss. Stupid mildew. Felt much better when it was all done, though! I then took a shower in my clean bathtub :). I also washed my sheets and a bunch of clothes. Always nice to have clean sheets.

For dinner, I had a tofurkey sandwich and a kale salad. I also had my nut butters on bread for an evening snack.


I was also off on Wednesday. Did another gym session, only no strength training circuit. For my post-workout snack, I had some vanilla Chobani with the espresso almond butter (YUM) and some blackberries. It was so good!


 I went to the Mario Lemieux Foundation Office to get my Team Lemieux swag for the Pittsburgh Marathon. It had me so excited! I went to the chiropractor afterward, so he could beat up my pelvis ;). Then, I went on a girl's date with my good friend, Laynie! We went to Burgatory, and I had a veggie burger with gouda cheese, spinach, roasted tomatoes, onion marmalade, and a garlic rub. Sooooo good! I had it with a side salad that is really unique, for a burger joint--it had roasted tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and some really good balsamic dressing. Afterward, we walked around a bit.  We decided to go to a Pirates game on May 12,  because a bunch of our friends are going. It's going to be fun!

When I got home, I ate a KIND bar, because I was curious to see how they taste...pretty good! And their NUVAL scores are pretty high as well. I ate a salad later that night, but I wasn't too hungry, so I didn't finish it.

Thursday, I went to the gym in the morning, then I worked from 1 to 10. Our system was down, which made everything annoying pretty much, but it happens. I had a tofurkey sandwich for lunch, then I had a Kashi frozen entree for dinner--the Spinach Artichoke Pasta. For a frozen entree, it's pretty dang good! I also ate an orange with it.

Later on that night, I had a passion fruit Chobani, and some pretzels. I am obsessed with pretzels--it's a bad thing.

When I got home later that night, I had my nut butter on bread, and I also had a piece of Bubba's Walnut Bread. Putting that in front of me is basically like giving crack to an addict. So. Good.

Today (Friday), I was off again! So, I went to the gym in the morning, did my usual total body/arc trainer routine, showered, then I went grocery shopping. Got a BUNCH of stuff. I always buy a ton of Clif Bars and Chobani. Oh well. haha. Once I got home, I had a banana with some espresso almond butter, and a piece of the cinnamon raisin walnut bread. A little while later, I saw that there were some leftovers from dinner this past week. My mom made pasta with mushrooms, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, and I can't remember the rest--all I can remember is that it was really good. haha. I threw some blueberries and corn in it, and all was good in the world.




 I had a chiropractor appointment later on, and when I got home, I decided to try out some of the Kashi U that I bought, because it looked tasty. I put some in 2% Chobani with some blackberries. Sooooo good!


I then decided to take my big dumb-dumb, Ozzie, for a walk. I love him to death, but he's got to be one of the most unintelligent canines on the face of this earth. haha. It was nice to be out in the gorgeous weather, though :).

So, the marathon is a week from Sunday! So excited, but I'm also really nervous that my injury will act up :(. My chiro told me to go on a "test run" within the next few days to try it out. I'm super scared about it! What if it acts up?! AH. This is the course this year--it is currently my desktop background :)  :

  
Well, thank God it's taper time, is all I have to say. Tonight, I'm probably eating a salad while catching up on Grey's--my life is super-exciting.

I work aaaaalll weekend--I actually don't have a day off until next Friday. I will be going to the Marathon Expo that day! OOOOH, and Meb Keflezighi will be there! Super excited for that. I'm also volunteering at the Kids Event the next morning. It's early, but I think it'll be so much fun :).

Alright, I hope I've bored you sufficiently enough. haha. Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment