Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hello, my name is Kelly. And I am a runner.

Ooooooooooooooooh hey.

My name is Kelly, and I'm a 25 (blegh) year old from Pittsburgh, PA. I've lived here all of my life and couldn't imagine not living here. So, there's that. I've run intermittently throughout my life, but didn't get serious until a year or so ago.

I decided to blog about my running/healthy living pursuits. I'm in the midst of training for my first marathon (the Pittsburgh Marathon) in May. I'm run a couple halfs and loved it, and my longest run thus far was 20 (exhausting) miles. It hurt, but it was worth it. The marathon is on May 6, so it's only a couple of weeks away! I'm both nervous and excited...nerxcited or excervous? You decide.

Anyway, here's hoping that my posts both inspire and entertain not only you, but also myself! I want to be able to look back on these and be super proud of myself. Or laugh at my embarrassing idiosyncrasies. Tomato, tomato (that doesn't really work visually, but you get what I'm saying).

Also, the name of my blog is from the Bob Dylan song. I love classic rock...like, a lot. Zeppelin is my jam, Jimmy Page is my boyfriend. Get used to it.

So, here's my first (boring) post.

Woke up at 8 AM (LATE for me). Buuut, I didn't want to eat my breakfast too early before my run, and I have to eat as soon as I awake, because I'm a chubber. I'm trying a new pre-long run breakfast, because my usual one of Kashi 7-Grain Puffs with almond milk, a banana, and almonds with Shakeology and chia seeds is not tummy-agreeable, for some reason? Before my gym workouts and shorter runs, my usual breakfast is:


Clif Bar





Shakeology



and I added a banana, for extra potassium and more calories. You need some nutrition for 18 miles, yo (I didn't take a picture, because everyone knows what a banana looks like...and I do not wish to promote phallic images on my website).

Tackling 18 miles today, then when I get home, I get to see my sister for the first time since Christmas! So exciting :).

My blog entries might be more exciting from here on out. Or I could just be leading you on, so that you'll come back. Potato, potato...
(Bic Bands reppin'. Too lazy to rotate the photo reppin'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment