Monday, April 16, 2012


A coworker sent that to me. She was hesitant, because she thought it might be offensive toward me (I've been a vegetarian for 8 years or so). I just laughed. Hard.

Welp, let's recap since Saturday...

I worked 2-10 on Saturday, and it wasn't too bad, actually. My eats? I had a tofurkey sandwich not long after getting to work, a Cedarlane egg white omelet for dinner, and a Chobani later on that night. Once I got home, I had my usual Cinnamon Raisin Bread with almond and peanut butter. Soooo good.

Sunday, I planned to get up early and run. My body wasn't having it, so I listened. With less than a month to go until the marathon, no way in hell I'm rebelling against my body. haha.

For breakfast, I had my usual Kashi 7-Grain Puffs with Kellogs Pure Protein, almond milk, banana, chia seeds, almonds, and Shakeology. Always so satisfying.

I worked from 10-7, and it wasn't too bad. The only bad thing was the Penguins game. BLAH. I'm not going to get into it, because the first period alone took almost an hour to play. Ridiculous. Basically, the Pens looked so out of character and barbaric...and it was embarrassing. I'm hoping they get their shit together for Game 4 on Wednesday, because it's "do or die" time! I believe in them :). I was in a bad mood the rest of the day, though. Whoops. haha.

I had a vanilla Chobani, and I brought a Greek salad, but we ended up ordering a mushroom pizza. I ate my pieces way too quickly, along with too many garlic knots, and I thought I was going to vomit. We were busy, so I wanted to hurry. I felt icky the rest of the day. Booooo.

After work, I went to Grandmother's, and I was in a terrible mood, so I went for a walk by myself through Oakmont. I felt better afterward. I ate a tofurkey sandwich and apple on the walk. I also had a little of her salad beforehand. Once I got back, I had a piece of her Texas Sheet Cake, because you can't NOT have her cake. haha. I also had a piece of garlic bread, because carbs are addictive. I came home and had a few Sarris chocolate eggs (ugh, stop eating sugar, Kelly), and my usual bread with nut butter. So much food. haha. Oh well.

I also wrote a Penguins' Game 3 recap for my friend's sports blog. It was a sort of catharsis, I guess--I felt better after writing it. Still pissed, but it's just a game. I just have a competitive streak in me, what can I say? haha.

Today, I planned to run instead, but I had a terrible night's sleep, and my glutes were still sore. Not pushing it! So, I had my non-run day breakfast of cereal and Shakeology.

At work, I ate a pineapple Chobani for a midmorning snack, a tofurkey sandwich for lunch, and an apple for my afternoon snack. After work, I went to the chiropractor, and then headed home.

For dinner, I had a HUGE Greek salad with some added kale, tomatoes, chickpeas, and fresh broccoli. I also added blackberries, which nicely complemented the feta. Yummmmmm.



I am now enjoying my bread with almond and peanut butter while watching "Game of Thrones." I'm re-watching the first season because I forget who some of the people are, and I'm super confused in Season 2. haha.

It's been a while since I've had two rest days in a row, but I think it was necessary--I probably shouldn't have gone to the gym the day after my 20-miler on Friday, but it is what it is. I'm planning to go to the gym tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes!

My workout schedule this week:

Sunday: rest
Monday: rest
Tuesday: gym for cardio + strength
Wednesday: AM run
Thursday: rest
Friday: long run (16 miles--last long run before the big day!)
Saturday: AM recovery run or AM gym session

The Boston Marathon was today. Kinda jealous of those running it, but I hope there weren't any major medical issues with the unusual heat wave!

Back to "Game of Thrones" ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment