Friday, April 6, 2012

The Day After 18.

Helloooooooooooo.

So, yesterday's 18-miler was FANTASTIC. I felt strong the entire time, and I could have actually done more...which is super encouraging :). I tried a new fueling strategy (E Gel at Mile 7, GU at mile 12), and tried to hydrate more frequently. Apparently, my muscles were happy, because I finished strong and didn't feel the need to stop at all. So happy. (too lazy to rotate. You're just going to have to deal with it.)

Afterward, I refueled (G2 and GNC Lean Shake, later on half of a vegetable Kashi pizza, and a couple hours later, a tofurkey and swiss cheese sandwich on Ezekiel whole grain bread with some avocado...didn't take pictures, because I was too busy gorging myself.)

I went to the Pittsburgh Penguins game, and it was SO fun. The Pens won, clearly to impress me. Clearly.

This morning, I woke up, hardly sore. Obviously, there was a little soreness there, but nothing to be worried about. I honestly could have run today, but I definitely don't want to push it with my pre-existing condition and the marathon so close at hand.

I went to the chiropractor and felt pretty great afterward. Worked 9-5, and have been hanging out with my other half ever since! My little sister (she's going to be 23, but she's still little to me!) is visiting from Savannah for the Easter holiday, and I'm so excited to see her. Missed her < 333.

I had Kellog's Pure Protein cereal mixed with Kashi Whole Grain Puffs, a handful of almonds, strawberries, chia seeds, and almond milk, along with my Shakeology for breakfast. Didn't take a picture, because I'm lame.

For a mid-morning snack, I just had a strawberry-banana Chobani.

For lunch, I had a Tofurkey and Swiss sandwich on Ezekiel Bread.

For my mid-afternoon snack, a simple apple.

We went to Loafer's after work (BEST BREAD EVER), and we bought a loaf of "Holiday Bread." Best decision ever. It's entirely whole grain bread with walnuts, raisins, cherries, apples, apricots, and walnuts in it. Not even fair how good it is. I had a piece when I got home. No shame.

My mom made homemade pizza, and I had like 34589504 slices (whatever, I'm still in recovery from yesterday? haha.), and I also had a kale salad with pineapple, strawberries, bananas, tomatoes, roasted mushrooms peppers and onions, and pizza sauce (don't ask), along with a yam. Yet again, no picture, because stuffing my face is more important than sharing my life via show ;).

Well, I ate too much, and my stomach is suuuuuuuuper pissed at me. No usual "almond and peanut butter on Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread" for this gal tonight (my usual "treat").

Tomorrow, I'm going to the gym in the morning for a sweaty sesh, then heading to the final Pens regular season game of the season. Then, playoffs, Baby!

After that, I may be going out with my sister and some of our mutual friends. We shall see!

Sunday, I can start eating sweets and fried foods again. The idea of most fried foods have turned me off, but cheesecake? Uh, hello?

Time to go--I think all of the fiber is getting to me.

So my post isn't totally barren of visual stimulation....

Bought this at work today. I rule.

PS. Got running shoes in lieu of candy this year. Pretty baller! Excited to try them on Sunday for their inaugural run. If all goes well, they should be my marathon shoes :).

No comments:

Post a Comment