Thursday, April 12, 2012

Maaaaaan...

So yesterday was...interesting, especially the weather. haha. I woke up later than usual (8:30 AM). I usually wake up around 7, but I went to bed pretty late the night before, and I didn't sleep the best.

I ate my usual shorter pre-run breakfast of a Clif Bar and Shakeology with chia seeds. I also had a piece of Loafer's Cinnamon Raisin Walnut....aaaand a few peanut M&Ms, because I have no self-control. I also painted my nails with Essie's "Merino Cool." I really like this neutral shade! It's already tacky, because I decided to wrestle with my dog and take out the trash in succession. No patience.
No, I am incapable of not getting nail polish on my fingers.

And yeeeees, that IS Golden Girls on my television ;). Rose is my kindred soul.

...but, HOW can you deny a face like that? The simple answer is you cannot.

The weather kept going from windy, cloudy and some sort of precipitation (hail? Really?), to sunny and fairly calm. I didn't know what was going on! I decided to suck it up and just go around 1 PM. It all started out well and good, but then the hail started and randomly appeared throughout my run. Naturally, me being the highly intelligent human being that I am, wore Under Armour running capris and a racerback tan (genius, I know). I was fine...when it wasn't pouring hail and windy as all hell. haha. People were staring at me like I was crazy. I mean, they're not too far off, but it was fine, once the sun came out. I finished pretty strong, and definitely had some gas in the tank. I didn't want to push it, though, because I'm supposed to run 20 miles tomorrow.


I will eventually get over my fear of rotating photos.

Once I got home, I showered, refueled (coconut water, GNC Lean Shake, and some strawberries and blackberries for some antioxidant properties, yo), and stretched and foam-rolled. On the way to the Pens game, I ate my usual lunch (late, at 6 PM, but better late than never) of tofurkey and Swiss on Ezekiel Bread.

The game was SUPER entertaining and full of energy. I love playing Philly in the playoffs, but I also really dislike them. It's gonna be a crazy and scary series--but soooo entertaining! During intermissions, I ate a passion fruit Chobani and an apple. The game went into OT, but we lost. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun.

I was prepared to walk over 2 miles home, but I only had to walk a little over 1.5, because my friend picked me up and took me home. What a beautiful soul she is :).

Once I got home, I ate another piece of Cinnamon Raisin Walnut bread (carboloading for Friday, duh), aaaaand almond butter and peanut butter on Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread. Never fails me < 3. I stretched and foam-rolled again, wrote a few articles for my friend's playoff hockey blog, then called it a night around 1 AM (I dunno why I'm deciding to go to bed so late, all of a sudden. I don't like it. haha.)

This morning, I woke up at 7 (should have gotten more sleep, but oh well), ate my usual cereal breakfast, but with the addition of pineapple and strawberries to my cereal--made it a lot more satisfying ;), and chocolate Shakeology.


Yummmm!

Today, I work from 9-5, then I plan on doing a little grocery shopping, chiro appointment, then some more carbo loading and resting for tomorrow's 20-miler! Theeeeeen, it's Game 2 of the Penguins-Flyers series. It's gonna get crazy!

Hopefully, the weather settles down :). It's supposed to be pretty nice on Friday, so I'm expecting some tan(/burn)lines. haha

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment