Saturday, April 14, 2012

20. One and done.

Oh man. So, Thursday, I worked, which was fine. I did a little grocery shopping before my chiropractor appointment. Honestly, it scares me that some people in the grocery store actually drive on the road. Yikes. They didn't have my Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread--I wasn't the least bit bitter. NOPE.

I came home after my chiropractor appointment, and ate. Way too much. I was semi-freaking out for the ominous 20-miler the next day, so I wanted to make sure I had enough fuel. Obviously, that meant eating half of a Kashi pizza (which is what I normally eat the night before a long run), some Easter candy, some Bear Naked Fit granola (aaaaaaaaaaaddicting), some strawberries, some cinnamon raisin walnut bread (also addicting), and I finished off the night with my usual cinnamon raisin bread with almond and peanut butter...with some spoonfuls out of the jar. Don't judge me. My stomach was not happy, obviously. haha.

I woke up the next morning, and my stomach definitely felt better. I had my Shakeology with chia seeds and a Chocolate Chip Peanut Clif Bar.

I got ready for my long run in the usual way (dynamic stretching, sunscreen, Body Glide, getting my gels and water together, etc), and headed out.

The first 13 miles of my run were pretty good! My body felt good and pretty relaxed. I took an E Gel at mile 8, and thought I drank enough water...but, I'm thinking I did not. At mile 13, I had terrible cramps--so much so that it was hard to breathe--so, I had to stop. I had to stop to refill my water bottle anyway, so it worked out. I walked for a couple minutes just to see if the cramps would subside. I then tried running again, and the cramps started coming back. After about a mile, I had to stop AGAIN to use the bathroom. I had to. Blah. haha. After that, I took a gel and drank a bunch of water. I then started back on my run, and kept running until mile 19, because I figured if I found so more water to wash the gel through, the last mile of my run would go smoothly (it was almost entirely uphill, so I didn't want to be absolutely miserable. haha). Of course, the park I thought would have water didn't...sooooo, I just went. The last mile sucked, pretty much. My heart rate reached 220--yeah, not normal. I kept pushing, though--noooo way I was stopping so short of my goal. I pushed it and reached 20 and felt immediate gratification. Definitely wasn't as enjoyable as my 18-miler last week, but the fact that I pushed through the cramps and such made it all the more enjoyable to finish.

I really need to remember to rotate my photos before uploading them. Maybe.

Once I got home, I refueled (G2 fruit punch, TONS of water, some strawberries and blackberries, GNC Lean Shake), ate some real food (the other half of my Kashi pizza), got ready for the Pens game, and headed out.

I ate a tofurkey sandwich on the way to the game. I kinda had to force myself to eat, because my stomach was still ragey.

The game was fun, but the Pens lost AGAIN. I dunno what's going on with my boys, Man. They get a commanding lead, but then start turning over the puck and letting Philly get back into the game. Soooooooo frustrating. I believe they can come back and tie the series in Philly, but they have to get their heads out of their asses first. I think not being in a comfortable atmosphere will be the best thing for them, so they don't sit back. Here's hoping!

During intermissions, I ate a Passion Fruit Chobani, an apple, and a coconut water. And a lot of water. haha.

I walked home, came home, and ate cinnamon raisin walnut bread and some cinnamon raisin bread with almond and peanut butter. I ate so many carbs yesterday, I don't even care. haha.

I slept like a LOG, woke up this morning, ate my Shakeology and Clif Bar, and I'm planning to do some cardio and strength training at the gym this morning before work. We'll see how this goes.

A little tired, but not too sore at all!

I work until 10 tonight, then I work tomorrow as well. Planning an early run tomorrow, but we'll see! Pens play tomorrow at 3, which means I can wear my Asham jersey to work. Score.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment