Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blah blah blah.

Trying to recall the past couple days' events...

Tuesday morning, I ate the usual pre-gym breakfast of a Clif Bar and Shakeology with chia seeds. Always satisfying.

I wanted to do 3 miles on the treadmill, but I could only do 1. My right glute was screeeeeaming. Lame. I did one mile, then did 1.5 miles on both the total body trainer and the arc trainer. I then did a couple circuits of strength training--ONLY upper body, no lower body--I'm not totally stupid. haha.

I walked to work after showering and washing my hair for the first time in like 4 days--man, it felt good ;).

Work was meh. My butt hurt pretty much the whole night. Depressing. haha. I scheduled an appointment with my chiropractor a day early, because I was freaking out.

I refueled with a coconut water and a GNC Lean Shake. Later on, i had an apple, because I couldn't wait for lunch. For lunch, I had a Get Go salad, which had so many random veggies with some egg on it as well. Later on for dinner, I ate my daily tofurkey sandwich. Soooo gooood.

For a snack, I had a Chobani (passion fruit, I think? Can't remember). When I got home from work at 10, I had my usual cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter, but I received a nut butter bundle from Open Sky--I used the sunflower/almond butter combo with chocolate. Soooooooooo good.

This morning, I wanted to run, but I obviously decided against it. My glute definitely felt better, but it wasn't near 100%. I ate my usual cereal + Shakeology breakfast, then headed to work.

I ate a honey-flavored Chobani around noon, an orange around 1, then ate a Mojo bar around 2:30. I ate my usual tofurkey sandwich around 4 (I eat a lot, get used to it).

I went to the chiropractor, expecting him to tell me to drop out of the marathon...but, he didn't! He said my pelvis was just a bit misaligned, but he could fix me! I was overjoyed. I feel so much better even after one session! I've been icing like a mofo, like he told me. haha. I see him again on Friday. He made a very valid point, that I broke in my news shoes too early for a 20-miler. Probably true. I guess I'll use my old Sauconys for one last long go--she can afford those miles :).

I came home, took out the trash, and iced intermittently, while catching up on e-mails and such. I also ate way too many Sarris chocolate balls. Sooooooooooo good. haha.

For dinner, I had a kale salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, blackberries, avocado, and topped with a pepper stuffed with chickpeas, rice, and black beans. Ooooh, and I put some roasted potatoes on top, in case I didn't get enough carbs. haha.

I watched the Penguins game, and it was AWESOME. Played an entire 60 minutes, and they DESTROYED the Flyers. It was beautiful to watch. My favorite player ever (Marc-Andre Fleury, the goalie), finished strong, and it was so nice to see him smile :). Can't wait for Game 5 on Friday, boys!

I then ate some cinnamon bread with peanut butter and sunflower/almond butter. Yuuummmm.

Tomorrow is yet another rest day, then I'm hoping I'm well enough to run 16 miles on Friday. It'll be my last long run before the taper. Ah, sweet taper.

Speaking of the marathon, I've raise almost $700 for the Mario Lemieux Foundation. Cancer can suck it. If you want to donate, . Dooooooooo it!

Time for bed! Goodnight, everyone :).

No comments:

Post a Comment