Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Final Countdown...

Today turned out to be a pretty decent day! I woke up feeling refreshed--I slept pretty well!

I had my usual "rest day" breakfast of cereal, almond milk, chia seeds, almonds, a banana, and Shakeology. I was super full for almost 5 hours after that. haha. My planned rest day was today, but it feels weird having so many rest days this week (four so far :/). I'm trying to heal as much as possible, though, to save my butt for tomorrow's long run.

I worked from 9-5, and work flew by today! I had a snack of Blood Orange Chobani, and then ate lunch a little later (tofurkey sandwich), while I read some of my Trail issue of Runner's World.

After work, I had some errands to run, so ate an orange while doing them. I went grocery shopping for a few things, and I bought a new lipstick! I never wear makeup (only mascara occasionally), and I've never worn lipstick seriously really, so this was a change. Your thoughts?


Someone baked brownies for us, so I ate one...or two. haha. They were "heart healthy," whatever.

For dinner, I had a stuffed pepper, to which I added some blackberries and blueberries. It tasted really good, don't judge me.


Caaaaarbs.

I've been icing my butt a ton and doing some yoga/dynamic stretches. I think it's helping! I've also been catching up on "Game of Thrones." Oh, Drago...have me any time.

Right now, I'm eating my cinnamon raisin bread with sunflower/almond butter and peanut butter. Always so good.


Tomorrow, I'm planning a 16-miler--my last long run before the taper! I'm nervous about my butt, but we'll see how that goes. I'll pray a lot. haha. Afterward, I'll refuel and get ready for the Pens game. It's do or die, boys! There will be a chiro masochism session in between. Good times.

This weekend, I'm meeting the rest of the runners for Team Lemieux! Super exciting :). I'm also hoping for a Game 6 somewhere in there ;).

Alright, I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment