Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Yesterday would have been Elliott Smith's 43rd birthday :(.

Still one of my favorite musicians to this day. Love you < 333.

Some interesting links, before I start this post:

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/most-nutritious-whole-foods?cm_mmc=ETNTNL-_-998408-_-08062012-_-WholeFoods-dek

http://fitbie.msn.com/tips/10-fitness-boosting-secrets-america-s-greatest-athletes/ Gonna keep some of these exercises in mind ;).

Meant to update yesterday, but I was hardly even home!

Work on Sunday actually went pretty quickly. Eats included a Chobani around noon, a tofurkey sandwich around 3, and an orange around 4:30.

It was storming BADLY around 5 or so, and I was a little upset, because I wanted to go running after work. Magically, it stopped around 6:30, so I could go running!

I'm glad that happened, because the run went pretty well! I ran to the gym (about 3.3 miles), did a couple circuits of strength training, then ran home (about 5.9 miles). I felt pretty strong the whole time! The night was gorgeous too--so red :).


When I got home, I devoured a chocolate milk and a lot of water! A little while later, I made a kale salad with tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, mushrooms, a steamable wild rice/brown rice/veggie combo with a black bean burger. It was definitely satisfying. I didn't get a picture, because I'm lazy and forgetful.

Yesterday, I woke up around 8:30, because I went to bed rather late on Sunday. I had my usual pre-run breakfast, only instead of a Clif Bar, I had a Picky Bar:


I ran 7.3 miles, and they were pretty good miles :). The weather was GORGEOUS. When I got home from my run, I did about 15 minutes of core strength and refueled with coconut water and a GNC shake.



I walked a BUNCH yesterday (around 7ish miles?). 4 or so of those miles, I was carrying a heavy-ass bag of groceries. Thank God I have muscles. haha. I had a chiro appt at 3, then had to do some errands. Right before my chiro appointment, I had a tofurkey sandwich. 

A little while later, I stopped at Loafer's to grab a blackberry/blueberry muffin. Sooooooooooooo good sdlkfjdlkjfdf.

Thank God it was gorgeous yesterday, considering all the walking I did. On the flipside, I got some sunburn, to say the least. haha. It'll turn into a tan, it's fine! I got some essentials at the grocery store, before heading home: veggies, tofurkey, Ezekiel bread, Clif bars, and mouthwash (definitely essential).

When I got home, I was pretty hungry. I had a banana and one of those Sabra hummus/pretzel packs, It had been yeeeears since I had one of those. So good!

A little while later, I made another kale salad--pretty much the same as the night before, but  I put dressing on this one--Bolthouse Farms Ginger dressing. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, and very little fat/few calories!

I also drank a ton of water yesterday, but I definitely needed it!!!

This morning, I had some Kashi Whole Grain Puffs with almond milk and a serving of walnuts and chia seeds, along with my chocolate Shakeology. Another satisfying breakfast :).

I work from 9-5 today, then I'm running to the gym for some strength training!

Enjoy your Tuesday, the most uneventful day of the week. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment