Thursday, August 2, 2012

I can't believe I went through yesterday...

without saying "Happy Birthday" to Jerry Garcia! The Dead are monumental, and I love Captain Trips < 333. haha.

So, I left you off before my run. The run actually went pretty well! It wasn't super humid, so my muscles were pretty content :). Didn't feel the need to stop, and I felt strong uphill, so that's always good. Finished strong, and I even had it in me to lift the heavier weight on the machines at the gym. 8.7 miles and then three circuits of strength training--I can lift the entire weight stack on the leg machines! Loving it. haha. Refueled as usual (coconut water, GNC Shake, LOTS of water).

I showered, then walked down to the store. I stopped at Loafer's Bread on the way, because I wanted to see what muffins they had. Strawberry Pecan. Oh.My.God. SO GOOD. I bought two--one for me, one for my mum. She didn't want hers. Shame, huh? haha. I like Loafer's because they're a whole GRAIN bakery. All of their products are made with whole grains. Great for a post-run snack.

When I got home a few hours later, I ate a honey Chobani with some Chia Kind Buffalo Dirt Nut Butter in it (it's peanut butter with chia seeds in it! The Buffalo Dirt has mocha in it as well). I also had a Picky Bar, because I was hungryyyyyy.

I fed my puppy and took him for a walk around the neighborhood. He definitely gets a workout, because it's up a huge hill. haha.

Ozzie, my little man < 333.

A little while after we got home, I decided to actually cook a little for dinner (crazy, I know!). I made a kale salad with tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, and this soy "chicken" that was actually SUPER good!!!! I didn't take a picture of it, because I'm lame.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/gardein-protein-resources-for-vegetarian-or-meatless-meals-3 This is the one, though. So. freaking.good. Not the healthiest, obviously (especially with the sauce), but it's okay once in a while!


The salad was super tasty :).


I ate that and watched the latest episode of "The Newsroom"--really good show, by the way! I also stretched and foam rolled at the same time. I clearly can't do one thing at a time.

I went outside for a little while and cut my toenails and fingernails (I HATE doing that inside...blegh.). I listened to classic rock, because that's the music of my life. haha.

Later on, I had a Jackie Warner bar and a scoop of regular Chia Kind peanut butter. I don't know if I'm just a pig or I burn a lot more calories than I think I do, because I'm almost always hungry. Lame problem. haha.

I woke up this morning, had my usual pre-run breakfast of Shakeology + chia seeds and a Clif Bar. Planning on 6-7 miles with some core strengthening! Then, I work from 3-10. So exciting.

Hope you all enjoy your day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment