Saturday, August 4, 2012

Taking Back Sunday!

Have been listening to them a lot lately. Brings me back to being 15, 16 again. Love it.

As a prologue, read this: http://www.rodale.com/gross-food. Highly interesting, especially for someone who wants to study nutrition (AKA me. haha). A lot of that information is super-scary! I hate to be one of those people who "preach," (those crazy PETA people scare me), and while I am a vegetarian and I try to be an avid practicer of holistic eating, I'm not one of those people that believe "YOU SHOULD LIVE HOW I LIVE, BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST/ONLY WAY TO LIVE." Do what you wanna do, ya know? Yup.

So, I haven't blogged in two days! Crazy, right? Let's see here...

So, on Thursday, I ran before work, and it actually went pretty well! I wore compression pants to bed, and I think that helped with muscle fatigue. I ran 7.3 miles, and I finished pretty strong! I did about 15 minutes of core strengthening afterward, and that went well also. I need to find different exercises, because I think my body is getting used to these exercises. I refueled with coconut water + GNC shake. Before I left for work, I ate a tofurkey sandwich.

Work was actually pretty okay. I worked from 3-10. No break, obviously, so I bought a Clif Builder's bar for "dinner." How exciting, right? haha. It actually wasn't too bad! I bought the Chocolate Mint flavor:


I think somewhere in there, I also had a Jackie Warner bar, and I also had a Chobani.

When I got home from work, I was still hungry, so I ate a spoonful of Chia Kind Peanut Butter, and I think I had a Picky Bar? Don't remember exactly. I felt better, though. haha.

Yesterday, I woke up around 7 (Shakeology + chia seeds and a Clif Bar for breakfast), and headed to the gym around 9. I did 4 miles on the resistance cardio machines (while watching USA Women's Soccer kick some serious Kiwi booty!) and then did 15ish minutes of total-body strength training. My arms were a little pooped, but my legs are beasts! 

I refueled as usual (coconut water and GNC Shake), walked to my chiropractor appointment, then headed to work. I stopped at Rite Aid on the way there to get my multivitamins (They were BOGO! I'm stocked with multis for 6 months. Super pumped. haha.).



I also stopped at GNC to pick up my Lean Shakes (was running low), then Giant Eagle, because I needed a couple coconut waters and protein bars. I tried a Perfectly Simple Peanut Butter protein bar, because I had a coupon for it. I mean, it tasted pretty much how I thought it would--not bad, but not impressive. haha. I also bought a Clif Builder's bar in Peanut Butter, in case I got overwhelmingly hungry at work later. I ate a tofurkey sandwich before I started work.

I worked from 2-10. I took a break around 4 and treated a coworker to lunch, because he had bought a previous lunch. We went to La Cappella, and I got the four cheese panini with zucchini fries, and we share an appetizer of mozzarella sticks. Ugh, remind me never to do that again. All that made my stomach BLEGH for the rest of the night. haha. Super yummy, though.

Throughout the course of the night, I ate a Jackie Warner bar, a Clif Builder's bar, and a passion fruit Chobani. Clearly, I was hungry.

When I got home, I ate far too much (throw in a Picky Bar, some granola, a couple pretzels and a couple spoons of ChiaKind. haha), and my sleep suffered from it. I felt SICK. I need to either eat more during the day or just eat more fiber. Grossss.

Welll, I just finished my Shakeology + chia and Clif Bar, and I plan on running 7-8ish miles on the different route I ran last Saturday night. It's a nice route :). Then, some core strength!

I think I'm going to start logging my meals again, only because I want to make sure I'm getting enough of all of the essentials, and not too much of the essentials also (I KNOW I ate way too much fat yesterday, and that's why I slept like poop). Fitday is a pretty decent site, if you wanted a rec!

Alright, time to get ready for my run! I'm going to see Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller tonight! Hopefully seeing a lot of friends tonight too :). Tomorrow, I work (surprise!), and I'm planning on running to the gym afterward for some strength training, then running home. We'll see how that goes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/double-amputee-pistorius-makes-history-102429631--oly.html?fb_action_ids=922259108239&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_ref=type%3Aread%2Cuser%3Ap6X8vdsMhYHzH1poaiPmLRtvSkc&fb_source=timeline_news&action_object_map=%7B%22922259108239%22%3A10151014722109858%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22922259108239%22%3A%22news.reads%22%7D&action_ref_map=%7B%22922259108239%22%3A%22type%3Aread%2Cuser%3Ap6X8vdsMhYHzH1poaiPmLRtvSkc%22%7D&code=AQDAh8tsFsbL5457fawSUgtC_2wqDGvbWgmzeBmljwXTRO1fxFypDUR10YxWnl1v6RNo4Pt8zwumuLVVFQfkY_O8uXPA9Fd0A65x2IMVqMkI96-ruyuHr8FX_WL5lfqO9unKDEZPJuMHqHuXRijliDg_Ur9w3JpL5k4J_pyn5e4FNg58rMRjuWCiR5kTdLvWFaw#_=_ READ THAT. I'm super happy for him :). Kids need role models like him nowadays! Of course, I'm rooting for the USA, but how can you not cheer for this guy? :)

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment