Saturday, July 28, 2012

Two posts in two days...clearly on a roll.

Somebody stop me! haha.

Yesterday was a good day, but it wasn't highly eventful. I worked from 9-5, then I went grocery shopping for some yummy eats, theeeeeeeen I came home, unpacked, and went running! I did 7 miles that went pretty well :). 

I definitely didn't go for time (if you saw how hilly my normal neighborhood run is, you wouldn't either. haha), but the hills on this run helped immensely with the hills during the Pittsburgh Marathon....AKA the hills in the marathon were pretty easy! I JUST missed the storm too, so that's a good thing. I wish I had brought my phone with me, because I ran past a cow farm, which is in a deep ravine, and the cows were actually at the top, by the road! They are very rarely up there, and they were so cute--a couple babies were there too :). The cool thing is that the sky looked so ominous in the background, but the cows were totally oblivious.  It would have been an awesome shot :(. Oh well!

When I got home, I had WAY too much pizza (but, it was from my favorite place, so whatever!), but I did core strengthening beforehand. After recovering from this bout of SI injury, I'm REALLY trying to focus on strength training/core strengthening in order to make my form as perfect as can be, to avoid future mishaps. My form has definitely improved, and I definitely feel stronger! DO NOT avoid core work--I promise you it's just as important as everyone says it is!

I watched "Girl with the Pearl Earring" last night. Kiiiind of a waste of time. haha. Oh well, I foam-rolled and stretched, so it wasn't totally :). I went to bed by 11:30 on a Friday night--a real rebel, I  know!

If anyone is interested in my daily eats, I ate a pineapple Chobani at approximately 11 AM, a tofurkey sandwich with a green apple at approximately 2:30, and a couple handful of pretzels around 5. Usual coconut water and GNC Lean Shake post-run (approximately 8:30), then 30958430985 pizza of pieces around 9:30.

Sooooooo, I woke up at 7:15 today, ate the same breakfast as yesterday, and I'm about to head to work again! 9-5, then we'll see where the evening takes me. I'll either run oooooooor...not? haha.

Tomorrow is Walter (my father)'s 63rd birthday. Oh boy, he's getting old. haha. Gotta get him something today!

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment