Friday, July 27, 2012

I lied.

I said I was going to post more frequently. I really am going to try now! haha.

So, I've been able to run more frequently now, and it's awesome. I think I'm taking it too far, though, because I haven't had a exercise rest day in almost 2 months! However, it's a huge stress reliever for me, and there's definitely been a lot of stress in my life the past few months. I'm starting to get things together, though, so I need to give my body a break! haha. I definitely have lost weight since the marathon, though, and I have been getting more toned, so it's awesome :).

I haven't run anything longer than 9.5 miles since the marathon, and I don't plan to until my body is absolutely healed. If I don't take rest days, that's not happening, sooooo. Yeah.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, I have had some breakthroughs in training:

1. I can chest press 200 pounds! My arms are definitely the strongest they have ever been, so that's awesome.

2. I can leg press 225 pounds with ease, and that's after running 7.5 miles in the blistering heat. Want to be able to press 300 pounds by the end of the summer.

3. I can hold a 3-minute plank! Haven't done it in a while, because I usually do it after I run, so my body is either tired oooor I'm pressed for time. 5-minute plank will happen at some point :).

4. Just overall more strength. All of the strength and core training I'm doing is helping immensely with running, especially form.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some things I need to work on:

1. REST DAYS. To reiterate to my dumb brain. Or at least a significant reduction in intensity two days a week. Take a freaking walk, Kelly--you don't need to pound out miles everyday, while your body is still recovering.

2. Eat to fuel. I'm usually good about this, but sometimes I lose touch with it, and I pay for it during a run. haha. I need to eat fewer sugary foods too. I think it's hindering my way to a "flatter" tummy (AKA the closest I'll ever get to one. haha).

3. Stop eating two hours before bed. Doesn't work well when you're trying to sleep. Ick.

4. Recovery. I have been slacking with stretching and foam rolling. BAD. I need to either change the time I work out or start earlier, so I'm not rushing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In non-related exercise things, this is what's happening:

1. MY SISTER IS MOVING BACK HOME!!!! AND WE'RE GETTING A PLACE TOGETHER!!!! She'll be here at the beginning of October, so we're looking for places now. I'm super excited for this, because I need to be more independent :).

2. I'M GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!! I talked to Pitt yesterday, and I'm meeting with my old advisor to hopefully schedule classes. I really want to become a nutritionist, and it's not going to just happen, obviously--I need to make it happen. This is also good, because I won't have to pay ridiculous school loans for a while, aaaand I'll have health insurance. haha. I'm going to obviously be super busy, because I'll have to basically work full-time at the same time in order to afford rent, schoolbooks, and necessities, but it'll be worth it.

3. That being said, I'm also looking for another job. Not that it will be eons better than the one I currently have, but I need a change--hopefully with a little more money? haha. Plus, I'm sick of the bullshit at my current place of employment. Need a change of scenery, and hopefully that helps.

A lot of changes coming my way these next few months, but I need it. I'm sick of being in this hole, and the only way you get out of it is to dig yourself out of it...not will yourself to dig yourself out of it. Know what I mean, Billie Jean? As I said before, I will be a borderline hermit (all of the work + school, plus when marathon training starts? YIKES), but I need to do this for me. And for my future life (with Anthony Kiedis, of course).

Sooooooooo, back to drab daily activities. haha.

Set my alarm for 5:45 this morning to get up and run. Alarm went off, and I listened to my body, which said "Kelly, you ran 7.5 miles yesterday, walked around a shit ton, AND did a ton of strength training yesterday...and you're sore. Take a load off." So, I did. Woke up at 7:15 instead :).

BREAKFAST!

Usual Shakeology, with Kashi 7 Grain Puffs with some chopped walnuts and blueberries in unsweetened almond milk. Very satisfying :).

Today, I work 9-5, then I'm going grocery shopping. I MAY work out afterward, but we'll see how my body feels. I think at the very least, I'll go for a little walk...maybe with my little man (puppy. Don't worry, not a baby. haha).

Crazy Friday night, I know!

This weekend will be filled with work and...work :(. It's also my Dad's 63rd birthday. What an old fogey.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment