Sunday, May 27, 2012

So, I haven't updated in 3 weeks. Yikes.

After marathon training, I let the blog go. I really don't think that many people read this anyway, so I'm sure I didn't let down too many people. haha.

Not tooooooo much has been going on. I have only run a couple times since the marathon, because I'm trying to let my SI joint properly heal. It hasn't been terribly painful, but it's definitely a nagging pain that I don't want to escalate if I keep running on it. I REALLY miss running too :(. I'd rather run for the next 50 years than try consistently running now and ruin myself--gotta keep reminding myself that!

I've been going to the gym 4-5 times a week, though. I've noticed a SIGNIFICANT change in my body composition in the past couple weeks since the marathon. I'm definitely becoming more toned (especially in my arms), and obviously I'm in less pain. haha. I'm starting to see remnants of abs again, and my legs are shrinking. I'm also eating far fewer carbs, since I don't need to run 20-milers or anything like that. I'm really trying to watch what I eat now, too. I haven't really had any sweets or fried foods since the marathon, and I feel so much better. I'm trying to eat about 1600-1800 calories a day--at the lower end of the spectrum on non-workout days and at the higher end on workout days. I'm finding myself not as hungry too. Not entirely sure why, but I'm okay with it. haha. I'm also trying to stay super busy, which is helping a lot too!

I've been going out a lot, and I forgot how much fun it is. Yeah, that sounds fairly elementary, but one reason I think my eating was unhealthy, was that I used that as a reward, and it got out of control. Now, I use going out with friends as a treat or buying a pretty nail polish! haha. I also bought a bunch of (unnecessary) clothing from Free People the other day, but it's all so gorgeous, that I don't care :).

Another root for my eating problems was my...life. Wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I wanted to be a veterinarian since I was 8, but I've lost interest. I LOVE animals, but I just lost my drive to be a vet. I've really become interested in the world of nutrition, and I was talking with my mother, and becoming a hospital nutritionist seems like it would be an ideal job for me! I love science, so I would still be working with science, and I would still be helping people! I'm going to call the University of Pittsburgh this coming week and find out what I need to do in order to receive a nutritionist degree. I, luckily, already have a majority of the prerequisites from studying Biology, so hopefully it wouldn't take TOOOO long to graduate? haha. I'm really excited to get started!!!!

So, my chiropractor said that I could start running probably within the next few days. I miss being out in the sun and running up hills and feeling how strong my legs are. I used to hate how big my legs are, but when I realize how I can beast hills and how much I can lift with them...I embrace those suckers. And the ridiculous capri tan I have right now.

I've tried to stay out in the sun to keep my tan going strong. haha. I weeded the ENTIRE front yard of the house. Kinda abused my back/hamstrings (all the weeding was done doing downhill squats, basically), and got a kinda bad case of poison ivy, but the yard looks nice, so it was worth it :). Plus, I got more tan, so that's a bonus. haha.

Other than that, everything has pretty much been the same. My sister is coming to visit in July sometime, and I'm super excited!

I'm actually off of work on Memorial Day, and I'm going to a friend's cookout, so that's something to look forward to tomorrow. Also, I'm going out with friends to watch Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday, aaaaand I might be going out with a boy on Saturday? That remains to be seen. haha.

Wellll, it's time to get ready for church. Hope you're all enjoying the HOT weather. I know I am! Can't wait to go running in it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment